• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contracted for product from Ca business cashed check no product nor further contact

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drd123

I live in Colorado, I was e-mailed regarding of purchase of several parts for a pinball machine that I had been looking for, from a Tracys Toys proprietor Tracy Mitchell in Long Beach CA, I sent the check for $280 via US mail. The company will no longer return e-mails, I have the cancelled check with bank routing numbers and I believe the account number I contacted, my bank since check has cleared, there is nothing, they say they can do, I did file a complaint with the United States Postal Inspection Service for mail fraud, what else can be done, I did investigate this guy before the purchase he had a good reputation with pinball people at various pinball web blogs and even had a 100% rating on e-bay as he has items on e-bay from time to time for sale. That aside what other options do I have to recover my money???

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in Colorado, I was e-mailed regarding of purchase of several parts for a pinball machine that I had been looking for, from a Tracys Toys proprietor Tracy Mitchell in Long Beach CA, I sent the check for $280 via US mail. The company will no longer return e-mails, I have the cancelled check with bank routing numbers and I believe the account number I contacted, my bank since check has cleared, there is nothing, they say they can do, I did file a complaint with the United States Postal Inspection Service for mail fraud, what else can be done, I did investigate this guy before the purchase he had a good reputation with pinball people at various pinball web blogs and even had a 100% rating on e-bay as he has items on e-bay from time to time for sale. That aside what other options do I have to recover my money???
1) This is not mail fraud.

2) Perhaps email the guy an innocuous email from a totally different account...see if he answers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">