• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conversation with Sprint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SPLD_1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I contacted Sprint online chat for help with purchasing a phone. In the midst of the conversation the rep asked for my password (not account security code). I declined sharing the info and she said she'd try another method for solving the issue. I ended up talking to a manager that says their reps aren't supposed to ask for this info. She said they could ask for it if a technical ticket is being created which wasn't the case here. My question is, is there some type of violation here? I feel violated even though I didn't share my information. Can they legally do this? I thought most companies advised against sharing personal passwords. Just curious. Thanks.

Antigone*

I contacted Sprint online chat for help with purchasing a phone. In the midst of the conversation the rep asked for my password (not account security code). I declined sharing the info and she said she'd try another method for solving the issue. I ended up talking to a manager that says their reps aren't supposed to ask for this info. She said they could ask for it if a technical ticket is being created which wasn't the case here. My question is, is there some type of violation here? I feel violated even though I didn't share my information. Can they legally do this? I thought most companies advised against sharing personal passwords. Just curious. Thanks.
There is no law against asking for a passwrod. You were smart enough to not give her the password. You were not harmed.

CSO286

You feel violated because someone asked for your password and you said no?????

Just because you are told not to share your password doesn't mean it is illegal to do so or to ask for it.

In any event, in order to have a basis for a suit you'd have to demonstrate damages. What damages did you incur that you'd like Sprint to make restitution for?

Hey, SilverPlum, what's your FA password???? (i'll tell you mine if you tell me yours!!)

Last edited:

justalayman

If you give me your password and phone number, I'll contact them and find out what is going on:D

Oh Hell, now the OP is going to want to sue me:eek:

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

How would you expect the CSR to verify your identity and confirm that you are allowed to make changes to the account? :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">