• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

craiglist sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ari909

I bought a used car in CA (private party sale) from an owner on Craigslist. I carfaxed the car before buying and it was all good ( previous owner did not have a lien or loan on the car), The process to transfer title to my name was smooth at the DMV, I received my clean pink slip two weeks later. Two months after my car gets repossessed at my job site, the repo guy tells me the bank owns it, but how if i have the clean pink slip? I called the bank and they don't wan to help because I'm not the person on the account. The police won't file a report because they have a valid repo order.How did the DMV let me get a clean pink slip (and the previous owner) if there were lien holders? What are my rights? what can I do ? Can my insurance help me, since the car is gone and I am the only legal owner ?

single317dad

I bought a used car in CA (private party sale) from an owner on Craigslist. I carfaxed the car before buying and it was all good ( previous owner did not have a lien or loan on the car), The process to transfer title to my name was smooth at the DMV, I received my clean pink slip two weeks later. Two months after my car gets repossessed at my job site, the repo guy tells me the bank owns it, but how if i have the clean pink slip? I called the bank and they don't wan to help because I'm not the person on the account. The police won't file a report because they have a valid repo order.How did the DMV let me get a clean pink slip (and the previous owner) if there were lien holders? What are my rights? what can I do ? Can my insurance help me, since the car is gone and I am the only legal owner ?
The seller fraudulently sold you a car he did not have the right to sell. Your recourse is against him. I wouldn't be surprised if he forged a lien release signature.

:mad:fraudulently.

fraudulently means that ya got ripped off and it looks like nobody want's to lift a finger to help you,
I'm sorry for your loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">