• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Craigslist buyer's remorse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michaelalfeld

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut
I recently sold a plasma TV on Craigslist. About a week after the face to face sale, the buyer called me claiming that the TV no longer worked, and that he wanted his money back. I told him that the TV worked when he bought it, but it didn't feel a need to test it. He didn't call until a week after the fact, and he was quite irate. I simply told him that the sale was final, and that it is his TV now. He has began harassing and threatening me, telling me that he knows where i live, and that he's going to have his cop friends come get me. Is there any legal recourse, for me or him? Should I just ignore him?

BL

File a R/O if the harassment continues , after you file a harassment complaint .

Let the buyer aware that you will do this if he/she contacts you in anyway shape or form again .

Although the buyer could file suit and not violate the R/O.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">