• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Craigslist sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dec1965

What is the name of your state? TX
I sold a superchip programer online for $240. It was sold as is no warranty. The buyer ask for the model number over the phone and confirmed it was the correct one for his truck,but he would need to program it since his truck was newer than what it was used in. We agreed on the lower sale price. He showed up two hours later ,inspected the item,handed me the cash money and left. He called me a few hours later and said the scanner was locked and he wanted his money back. He was aware it was sold as is and we discussed the process he would need to do for reprogramming the scanner "send it to the manufacturer". He said he found a new one for $319 and to re program this one would be $220. He has called and harrassed me on the phone and today sent his brother to collect at my home "I told him he was trespassing and made him leave" he is now threatning to take me to court. I consider this a glorified hightech method of garage selling and you can't expect a refund on a used purchase. I am not Wall Mart. It is an electrical item and even if it was purchased at an auto parts store they would not take it back. I paid $514.00 for it new,his cost paid to me $240 + re program fee to manufacturer $220= $460. I say he got a good deal. What do you think?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? TX
I sold a superchip programer online for $240. It was sold as is no warranty. The buyer ask for the model number over the phone and confirmed it was the correct one for his truck,but he would need to program it since his truck was newer than what it was used in. We agreed on the lower sale price. He showed up two hours later ,inspected the item,handed me the cash money and left. He called me a few hours later and said the scanner was locked and he wanted his money back. He was aware it was sold as is and we discussed the process he would need to do for reprogramming the scanner "send it to the manufacturer". He said he found a new one for $319 and to re program this one would be $220. He has called and harrassed me on the phone and today sent his brother to collect at my home "I told him he was trespassing and made him leave" he is now threatning to take me to court. I consider this a glorified hightech method of garage selling and you can't expect a refund on a used purchase. I am not Wall Mart. It is an electrical item and even if it was purchased at an auto parts store they would not take it back. I paid $514.00 for it new,his cost paid to me $240 + re program fee to manufacturer $220= $460. I say he got a good deal. What do you think?
I say that you're right.

dec1965

I did some research on the item that was sold and found it can be programmed for $100,not the $220 he claimed. The Tech also informed me that he could walk them through the steps for free. I thought I woul be nice and pass this on to the buyer,but that was a joke. He still wants $100 because he now thinks I have admitted fault. Just don't pay to be helpful sometimes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">