• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied refund on Craigslist purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jsak02

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I bought a Weber charcoal grill on Craigslist recently. The buyer stated he couldn't return the product to store so was selling for half price. He said he couldn't post picture and requested to look the specific model number up on google or Home Depot. The model number he posted was for the Weber performer deluxe which sells for $399. After talking with Weber customer service I was told that I had an older model and it was just the Weber performer touch n go. I think it use to retail for $320-$330. I asked the seller to refund the money because it was not what the model he said it was. He told me since I opened the box that it would be of much value and wouldn't refund the money. I told him that wasn't right and all I wanted was a refund with no issues. He got defensive and said he wouldn't refund and if I wanted to settle it like a man to meet him somewhere. Then called me names. I know the grill is still worth more than what I paid for but I thought I was getting a great deal for a top of the line grill when in fact it was just the older version of it. I just want my money back so I can save up for the one I actually wanted. What are my options? I live in Oklahoma.

Thanks for any advice.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

I bought a Weber charcoal grill on Craigslist recently. The buyer stated he couldn't return the product to store so was selling for half price. He said he couldn't post picture and requested to look the specific model number up on google or Home Depot. The model number he posted was for the Weber performer deluxe which sells for $399. After talking with Weber customer service I was told that I had an older model and it was just the Weber performer touch n go. I think it use to retail for $320-$330. I asked the seller to refund the money because it was not what the model he said it was. He told me since I opened the box that it would be of much value and wouldn't refund the money. I told him that wasn't right and all I wanted was a refund with no issues. He got defensive and said he wouldn't refund and if I wanted to settle it like a man to meet him somewhere. Then called me names. I know the grill is still worth more than what I paid for but I thought I was getting a great deal for a top of the line grill when in fact it was just the older version of it. I just want my money back so I can save up for the one I actually wanted. What are my options? I live in Oklahoma.

Thanks for any advice.
Summer's coming - enjoy your new grill!

(You had PLENTY of opportunity to inspect the grill prior to purchasing it.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">