• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disneystore.com closed my account and won't sell to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

caiquemom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

Disneystore.com closed my account and won't sell to me because they said I returned to many things. I am a Disney stock holder. Can they legally do that?

OHRoadwarrior

As a shareholder, you are entitled to attend the Shareholder Meeting held annually and express your displeasure. Further, if you have a controlling interest in Walt Disney (50.0000----%), you can likely call the Board of Directors, obtain the VP of Online Sales's name and request they reinstate your account or face termination.

sandyclaus

Disneystore.com closed my account and won't sell to me because they said I returned to many things. I am a Disney stock holder. Can they legally do that?
Absolutely, they can.

Anyone who regularly returns products they buy is obviously very dissatisfied with the quality of the products they're purchasing. Either that, or you make a habit of using a product for as long as you can get away with it for free, and then returning it.

Either way, if you aren't keeping the items you purchased, you aren't any good to them as a customer. They can't make any profit off of someone who serially returns the majority of their purchases.

Being a company stockholder doesn't give you special return privileges or require that they allow you to keep buying and returning their merchandise.

I say they did you a great favor. Now you won't have to worry about ordering products that don't fit your needs/expectations for whatever reason and the hassle of returning them.

Antigone*

You are costing the other shareholders way too much money.

swalsh411

Just as you have the right to not buy things from a given store for any reason, a store has a right not to sell to you for (almost) any reason. Making too many returns is a valid and legal reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">