• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does she have a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kelly1234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. Ny

what to do...

Long story short, i wanted to buy this cabinet from a woman named Nancy off of a craiglist type page on facebook. I sent my husband to buy it. He gets there and thinks its in bad condition. The man in the house (her cousin) goes to pick it up to bring it out to my husbands car and drops it 2 times. It was already in mediocre condition... They get it out to the car and my husband suggested maybe they shud unscrew the back to fit it in the vehicle. Afterward unscrewing a screw, myhusband saw there was a crack on the back of the unit having nothing to do with what he did, and said he didnt want the cabinet and left. Now the woman is telling me she is going to take me (who wasn't there) to small claims court bc her cabinet is damaged, that she thinks it's my husbands fault because he unscrewed a screw, and she cant resell it but that as e person who sent him, I am responsible in her opinion. She was asking 25 initially. I don't want to go to court and out of principle my husband doesn't want to give her 25$. Does she have a case? Should I tell her to stop contacting me? She keeps threatening to take me to court. What is my next step?

quincy

what to do...

Long story short, i wanted to buy this cabinet from a woman named Nancy off of a craiglist type page on facebook. I sent my husband to buy it. He gets there and thinks its in bad condition. The man in the house (her cousin) goes to pick it up to bring it out to my husbands car and drops it 2 times. It was already in mediocre condition... They get it out to the car and my husband suggested maybe they shud unscrew the back to fit it in the vehicle. Afterward unscrewing a screw, myhusband saw there was a crack on the back of the unit having nothing to do with what he did, and said he didnt want the cabinet and left. Now the woman is telling me she is going to take me (who wasn't there) to small claims court bc her cabinet is damaged, that she thinks it's my husbands fault because he unscrewed a screw, and she cant resell it but that as e person who sent him, I am responsible in her opinion. She was asking 25 initially. I don't want to go to court and out of principle my husband doesn't want to give her 25$. Does she have a case? Should I tell her to stop contacting me? She keeps threatening to take me to court. What is my next step?
You can tell her to stop contacting you or you can just stop answering her calls.

Eekamouse

what to do...

Tell her to go ahead and take you to court and see where that gets her. I wouldn't worry about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">