• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dominican republic asking for id and credit card via email for arrange transportation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

calciumD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York.

We are traveling next month to Sanctuary Cap Cana in Punta Cana Dominican Republic.
We have asked via email the resort to handle transportation from the airport to the resort.
They told us the name of the external company and then wrote we needed:

"To receive this service we require some information to inform us of your arrival, such as: airline, flight number, date and time of arrival and the number of people who receive the service. We have a cancellation or no show policy, we would need that you fill up the authorization form attached in this email and also we need copy from the id and credit card, this is just to guarantee the service."

Is it standard to ask for copy from the id and credit card for this?
Should I call them and ask to fax it? (long distance Internation call)
Should I just email it?

Proserpina

We are traveling next month to Sanctuary Cap Cana in Punta Cana Dominican Republic.
We have asked via email the resort to handle transportation from the airport to the resort.

"To receive this service we require some information to inform us of your arrival, such as: airline, flight number, date and time of arrival and the number of people who receive the service. We have a cancellation or no show policy, we would need that you fill up the authorization form attached in this email and also we need copy from the id and credit card, this is just to guarantee the service."

Should I just email it?
If that's their policy, then that's their policy.

They other two questions are entirely up to you.

If that's what they want though, why not send a copy using some sort of guaranteed mail service where a signature is required?

OHRoadwarrior

I do not believe you will have a problem there based on a review site I trust. I cannot post the link in-forum due to rules.

Traveler rating

Excellent
Very good
Average
Poor
Terrible

pattimelt

Should I just email it?

If you are worried about using your credit card and theft, why not get a prepaid card and use it just for that??? You can get one for $5, and then only the money you place on the card can be charged.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">