• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EBAY Calif Buyer Seller in England won't sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chutetogether

I'm in California and was the high bidder on an item where the Seller lives and works in the UK. I paid for the item (including shipping). The Seller is refusing to ship/sell the item for the winning bid price as he is stating he did not make enough on the item, he has a person willing to pay more, he tried to put a reserve on but because someone had already bid he couldn't, ... you get the idea. Ebay is investigating but given numerous emails the seller and I have shared, I'm not holding hope. All of our correspondence is in email - so everything is documented. Note: He also said that he posted the item on German Ebay while traveling. I'm considering my options for suing.

The item is quite rare and old so I can't buy it off a shelf. I won the auction at $2,000 US... he has said I can buy it for $11k. I want the item more than cash, but now he is again actively selling the item. Yes, there is more detail than I have I included here but this is the summary.

I read other posts today and I'm believing if I were to pursue, would I have to file the case in England. Correct?

How difficult is this type of case to pursue and what type of attorney should I consult?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">