• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ebay guided me on how to get insurance and later Shipcover no covering the claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cosminim

Ebay costumer support guided me how to ship and insure coins worth of 3400$ to China just to find out later that Shipcover insurance will not cover me...Now everybody is blaming somebody else and I take the loss...

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ebay costumer support guided me how to ship and insure coins worth of 3400$ to China just to find out later that Shipcover insurance will not cover me...Now everybody is blaming somebody else and I take the loss...
Sorry to hear that. Hope things work out for you.

Zigner

From http://pages.ebay.com/insurance/shipping/coverage.html:

II. THE INSURANCE DOES NOT INSURE:

Coins, bullion, loose diamonds or stones, stocks, bonds, currency, deeds, evidences of debt, travelers checks, money orders, gift certificates, calling cards, lottery tickets, admission tickets, or any other negotiable documents.

cosminim

Correct Zigner, I have nothing against Shipcover, but then why ebay offers that insurance for coins and why costumer support did not told me that I have to buy a different insurance? There is already a Class Lawsuit open in California against ebay offering insurance when that insurance does not cover but my point is that I falowed the guidance from their costumer support....

Zigner

Correct Zigner, I have nothing against Shipcover, but then why ebay offers that insurance for coins and why costumer support did not told me that I have to buy a different insurance? There is already a Class Lawsuit open in California against ebay offering insurance when that insurance does not cover but my point is that I falowed the guidance from their costumer support....
eBay doesn't offer the insurance for coins. It's right there in black and white.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">