• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ebay item sent, delivered to wrong address...now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WolverineGator

What is the name of your state? Florida

I occassionally buy and sell things on ebay and have never had a problem until now. In this particular case I shipped an item and it was delivered. Prior to this shipment, I shipped a second item to the same person at the same address and it seems to be delivered to the wrong person at the wrong address.

USPS delivery and signature confirmation tracking number: 9122150134711419341685
http://www.usps.com/

A proper delivery has not been made. The person in Fredericksburg, VA at zip 22401 should have refused the item since it was not addressed to them. What can I do?

Other mundane details: item was paid for through paypal, most likely by credit card. Insurance was offered but declined by the buyer.

The USPS website says insurance is to "protect... against loss, damage or theft."

A.1 Do I have any recourse with USPS?
A.2 Can USPS retrieve the item and redeliver it?
A.3 Should I contact MY postmaster and see if (s)he can do anything?

B. Should I tell the buyer, item says it is delivered and I'm not obligated to do more?
Customer writes: "Insurance is for damaged goods, I paid postage for delivery and the package has not been delivered."
- I know that he'll then file a dispute. Then what? I lose?

C. Should I contact the police at zip code 22401 (and how would I find it)?

D. Anything else?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">