• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ebay sellers address

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnw1116

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

How can I get a court order for a seller's address on ebay?
I am having warranty issues with him and lucky enough he is in my state.
However I can't serve him with a suit if I can't get his address.

Just Blue

You will need a subpoena.

swalsh411

You file a lawsuit against an anonymous person using John Doe as the name; allege all the necessary elements for fraud. After you've filed the case, you can subpoena the information (pursuant to discovery rules) from eBay to figure out the defendant's identity.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

How long ago was the eBay transaction?

To request your seller's contact information:

Click the Advanced link at the top of the eBay home page.
Click the Find contact information link in the Members section on the left side of the page.
Enter the seller's user ID and item number.
Click the Search button.
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/contact.html

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch?_sofindtype=9

johnw1116

You file a lawsuit against an anonymous person using John Doe as the name; allege all the necessary elements for fraud. After you've filed the case, you can subpoena the information (pursuant to discovery rules) from eBay to figure out the defendant's identity.
Thank you this is a big help.

ChopChop

I have gone down this route before. You want to get a name and address, then send out messages to those on his feedback profile, who have personally sold something to the seller. You heard me right. I am sure your seller has purchased something on eBay in the past. You contact the seller and explain your situation to them and ask for an address. The address is always shown in Pay Pal. I have done this twice on two different individuals and have been successful at obtainning an address. Another route is to purchase another item from the seller (something of small value) and do it from a different eBay account and then when he/she sends you the item, you should have the return address label on the package.

You could also contact another recent buyer and see if they still have the original packaging...which is a long shot, but it might work. Just be really sincere and don't get long in your explanation. Above all else, leave a negative feedback on the seller's profile!

And above all of this, open up a dispute on eBay for item not as described. eBay has a 100% full guarantee + original shipping paid...AND they will pay to have you ship the item back. But I am guessing that this happened longer then 45 days ago. I believe eBay only allows 45 days to open up a dispute.

Hope this helps. Good luck to you.

ChopChop

Tell you what bro...tell me the seller's user ID and e-mail address and I will see about getting you an address and phone number.

Actually, did you know you can submit to have the seller's phone number sent to your e-mail (granted that the seller provided a good phone number)? When you make the request, the seller also gets your phone number (FYI).

Let me know and I will see what I can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">