• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ebay sellers Being Targeted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pearlinggate

I am in the state of Florida. I have been selling on ebay for over 10 years and over the past 10 years sellers have been targeted and DISCRIMINATED agaist.

Point #1
Sellers can no longer leave Negative feedback. There is a "Detailed seller raiting" where a buyer can leave a 1 or 2 rating thus causing the sellers account getting Put into a Freeze "Below Standard". Thus freezing my funds. There is no way for sellers to leave a "Detailed Buyer Rating". why don't buyers have a rating but sellers do

Point #2
We sellers are not a business atleast i'm not. I do not have a Tax ID. Why do sellers have to pay taxes on Income but buyers don't have to pay taxes on purchases. If buyers make $10,000 in purchases on ebay. There is no taxes paid on this purchase.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I am in the state of Florida. I have been selling on ebay for over 10 years and over the past 10 years sellers have been targeted and DISCRIMINATED agaist.

Point #1
Sellers can no longer leave Negative feedback. There is a "Detailed seller raiting" where a buyer can leave a 1 or 2 rating thus causing the sellers account getting Put into a Freeze "Below Standard". Thus freezing my funds. There is no way for sellers to leave a "Detailed Buyer Rating". why don't buyers have a rating but sellers do

Point #2
We sellers are not a business atleast i'm not. I do not have a Tax ID. Why do sellers have to pay taxes on Income but buyers don't have to pay taxes on purchases. If buyers make $10,000 in purchases on ebay. There is no taxes paid on this purchase.
If you don't like eBay's regulations, don't use eBay.

If you sell something to somebody in-state, typically you should charge sales tax. And people have already paid taxes on the money that they send you for their items. :cool:

wnachefski

Point #1

Point #2
I’ve been an eBay seller for a bit longer. When they implemented the no negative feedback, started counting shipping costs towards FVF (thanks to the chicom sellers for that one) and the list goes on. I left. Bottom line is, it’s a private marketplace you choose to use (and pay for) not to mention a "eBay seller" is not a member of any protected class. All you can do is not use their service anymore.

Last edited:

swalsh411

Ebay's "good old days" are far far behind them. It will never be like that again. Literally the only thing I have purchased in the last 5 years is cheap cell phone accessories.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">