• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-roommate accusing me of using his online account

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crow1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi. Ex-roommate left a 2-person lease in mid-contract. There is an online "portal" to pay for the rent. A bill came due last month, which his usual amount was paid from his account. He's claiming that he didn't do it and that I'm responsible for it.

I'm unsure if there is an "auto-pay" feature. Regardless, he has a separate log-in, so I have no clue what really happened, but I suspect he's trying to bring trouble on me for reporting him for a crime. What should I do here? He states he's contacting the police on me. I'm unsure if I have to worry about anything, since I didn't do anything, but it makes me nervous that he's trying to pin something on me. I doubt the landlord is going to return his money, since it was for a due bill.

Thanks

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

Hi. Ex-roommate left a 2-person lease in mid-contract. There is an online "portal" to pay for the rent. A bill came due last month, which his usual amount was paid from his account. He's claiming that he didn't do it and that I'm responsible for it.

I'm unsure if there is an "auto-pay" feature. Regardless, he has a separate log-in, so I have no clue what really happened, but I suspect he's trying to bring trouble on me for reporting him for a crime. What should I do here? He states he's contacting the police on me. I'm unsure if I have to worry about anything, since I didn't do anything, but it makes me nervous that he's trying to pin something on me. I doubt the landlord is going to return his money, since it was for a due bill.

Thanks
I would simply ignore him. If you hear from the police, tell them that you had nothing to do with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">