• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false advertisement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justaguy19

Hi my name is Cordell and I live in SC, I was wonder if I should sue, can I sue and how much can I sue for to 3 things, 1st today I tried to sign up for a "free" trial with gamefly.com but it declined the card I was using, I was aware of the fact that my current account balance is $0.00 but it stated that I wouldn't have to pay but $11.45 the 1st month after the trial ended though and then it would be $22 so I contacted my bank and they said that I was charged $22 from gamefly.com, can I sue for false advertisement? 2nd I choked on a piece of plastic from a bowl of cereal with no prizes in it can I sue? And 3rd awhile ago I purchased a phone from radio shack and the phone had problems on problems on.problems and it had no water damage or physical damage I called about it over the phone to the Sprint company and they said there was nothing they could do but a hard reboot over the phone did that about 4 times it just made things worst but I still had 30 days to return or Exchange the phone but when I tried to had dropped it the day before but there was no significant damage to the device but a scratch not even on the screen or near the charger port or headphone jack, but they declined my request due to said scratch they pointed out on my agreement that the returned phone must be LIKE new not perfect and there wasn't even any major damage done and so far I have gone through multiple exchanges with Sprint's insurance company but they all messed up as well can I sue?

Proserpina

Hi my name is Cordell and I live in SC, I was wonder if I should sue, can I sue and how much can I sue for to 3 things, 1st today I tried to sign up for a "free" trial with gamefly.com but it declined the card I was using, I was aware of the fact that my current account balance is $0.00 but it stated that I wouldn't have to pay but $11.45 the 1st month after the trial ended though and then it would be $22 so I contacted my bank and they said that I was charged $22 from gamefly.com, can I sue for false advertisement?
No. Do you understand that they ping your account first, and have every right to refuse access if there's obviously no money in the account?

2nd I choked on a piece of plastic from a bowl of cereal with no prizes in it can I sue?

Sure, you can so.

But you'll lose.

(Since you apparently have no permanent damages)

And 3rd awhile ago I purchased a phone from radio shack and the phone had problems on problems on.problems and it had no water damage or physical damage I called about it over the phone to the Sprint company and they said there was nothing they could do but a hard reboot over the phone did that about 4 times it just made things worst but I still had 30 days to return or Exchange the phone but when I tried to had dropped it the day before but there was no significant damage to the device but a scratch not even on the screen or near the charger port or headphone jack, but they declined my request due to said scratch they pointed out on my agreement that the returned phone must be LIKE new not perfect and there wasn't even any major damage done and so far I have gone through multiple exchanges with Sprint's insurance company but they all messed up as well can I sue?

Nope. No lawsuit lottery for you on any count, I'm afraid.

Have a great day!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi my name is Cordell and I live in SC, I was wonder if I should sue, can I sue and how much can I sue for to 3 things, 1st today I tried to sign up for a "free" trial with gamefly.com but it declined the card I was using, I was aware of the fact that my current account balance is $0.00 but it stated that I wouldn't have to pay but $11.45 the 1st month after the trial ended though and then it would be $22 so I contacted my bank and they said that I was charged $22 from gamefly.com, can I sue for false advertisement?
Not successfully - Gamefly is clear with the fact that you need a VALID credit card. They didn't try to charge you - just authorize that amount.

2nd I choked on a piece of plastic from a bowl of cereal with no prizes in it can I sue?
Not successfully - you had no damages.

And 3rd awhile ago I purchased a phone from radio shack and the phone had problems on problems on.problems and it had no water damage or physical damage I called about it over the phone to the Sprint company and they said there was nothing they could do but a hard reboot over the phone did that about 4 times it just made things worst but I still had 30 days to return or Exchange the phone but when I tried to had dropped it the day before but there was no significant damage to the device but a scratch not even on the screen or near the charger port or headphone jack, but they declined my request due to said scratch they pointed out on my agreement that the returned phone must be LIKE new not perfect and there wasn't even any major damage done and so far I have gone through multiple exchanges with Sprint's insurance company but they all messed up as well can I sue?
Not successfully - a scratched phone is not "like new"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">