• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ascnsup

I called an out of state Institute to take a course for a certificate to get a license to be able to do the job I do, they told me the certificate is recognized in my state so I paid for and took the course but when I passed and took the cert to get my license I was told online certs are not accepted, I'm having a hard time getting a refund. Is a refund possible?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I called an out of state Institute to take a course for a certificate to get a license to be able to do the job I do, they told me the certificate is recognized in my state so I paid for and took the course but when I passed and took the cert to get my license I was told online certs are not accepted, I'm having a hard time getting a refund. Is a refund possible?
What US state?

Generally it's on YOU to make sure the certificate is acceptable by the licensing body.

Ascnsup

I live in Massachusetts the Institute is in Arizona and
it was a refresher course for asbestos supervisor/contractor they told me the certificate is recognized in my state

FlyingRon

Yep, you're screwed. Massachusetts doesn't accept "certificates" period. Training class completions are transmitted electronically.

Did you pay by credit card by chance? Did you try protesting with them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">