• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

farmville purchases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badger23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? missouri My wife made farmville purchases without knowing it while on sleeping meds. Farmville reimbursed her the first time and said they would not do it again. She unknowingly made more purchases while on sleeping meds and now farmville will not reimburse. Is she financially responsible?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? missouri My wife made farmville purchases without knowing it while on sleeping meds. Farmville reimbursed her the first time and said they would not do it again. She unknowingly made more purchases while on sleeping meds and now farmville will not reimburse. Is she financially responsible?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Yes. I'd suggest that wife get a pre-paid CC if she wants to give the F'ville developers money. :cool:

I'mTheFather

I would suggest that she go to sleep when she's on sleeping meds. :rolleyes:

Put a password on your computer. If she's so out of it that she doesn't know when she's spending money online, there's a real good chance that she won't remember the password.

sandyclaus

I'd say the folks at Zynga were more than generous to reimburse her the first time. But a second and subsequent time? Does that make it right that she gets to benefit from it and not have to pay the price? Not a chance.

Heck, I could just run up a tab on FV stuff and make a false claim that I am on some kind of medication and didn't know what I was doing. The problem here is that once may have been a fluke, but you aren't even making any attempt to mitigate the damages here.

Change the passwords on computer so that your wife no longer has access to the game. Make sure she doesn't have access to the credit card numbers unless you are right there with her using them. (Just so you are aware, Facebook does save credit card information under her account so that it does not even require her to pull out the card a second time. You should make sure that this has not already happened before anything further happens with that card.)

Proserpina

I'd say the folks at Zynga were more than generous to reimburse her the first time. But a second and subsequent time? Does that make it right that she gets to benefit from it and not have to pay the price? Not a chance.

Heck, I could just run up a tab on FV stuff and make a false claim that I am on some kind of medication and didn't know what I was doing. The problem here is that once may have been a fluke, but you aren't even making any attempt to mitigate the damages here.

Change the passwords on computer so that your wife no longer has access to the game. Make sure she doesn't have access to the credit card numbers unless you are right there with her using them. (Just so you are aware, Facebook does save credit card information under her account so that it does not even require her to pull out the card a second time. You should make sure that this has not already happened before anything further happens with that card.)

I wholeheartedly agree (with everything you posted) - and yes, I'm astonished Zynga did that a first time at all!

zanadu78

How can one enter into a contract while under the influence? Zynga can take back the credits and refund the money, putting everyone back to the same place they started. I would ask Zynga to do exactly that. If you're not trying to benefit unfairly I don't see why they should refuse you.

I do think a password on the computer is a good idea to avoid this again!

Proserpina

How can one enter into a contract while under the influence? Zynga can take back the credits and refund the money, putting everyone back to the same place they started. I would ask Zynga to do exactly that. If you're not trying to benefit unfairly I don't see why they should refuse you.

Because every man and his dog can lie and say "But I was under the influence".

It's simply not in Zynga's best interest to believe such a claim.

cyjeff

The contract was not entered into while under the influence. The execution of that contract was.

Besides, I know of no law that would, for instance, prevent you from paying your bar tab with a major credit card while under the influence. A credit card transaction is a contract to pay.

Mass_Shyster

Incapacity by intoxication is a defense you can raise at trial. The burden of proof is on you to prove, with a preponderance of evidence, that you were incapacitated when you entered into the contract, and that you would not have entered into the contract if you were not incapacitated.

So, you can't simply say "I was under the influence". You have to prove it.

You Are Guilty

Incapacity by intoxication is a defense you can raise at trial. The burden of proof is on you to prove, with a preponderance of evidence, that you were incapacitated when you entered into the contract, and that you would not have entered into the contract if you were not incapacitated.

Quite correct, but something learned from experience?
http://gothamist.com/2011/08/30/man_sues_hustler_club_for_charging.php
:D

dscurlock

my wife has a hard time sleeping, if I were to tell my wife to take this med, and she will go shopping in her sleep; I assure you she will not complain....

damn...

Knock out two birds...shop in your sleep and wake up refreshed...

She will not have a problem with that...

I know you guys are laughing this off...but this is a serious matter.

but what if she got in her car and killed someone, would she still be responsible?

I think she should call her doctor ASAP, and take her off this med, because you already know what could happen....

Last edited:

dscurlock

then it is in her favor...

You forget her husband is the witness in this case...

and the difference between one witness and 0 can screw up the prosecution, so the legal
drugs would be doing something to make her do something she would never do, whatever it maybe...

but now they have already been warned, and something bad happens, but they did not discontinue her meds, thats another story...

Last edited:

Antigone*

my wife has a hard time sleeping, if I were to tell my wife to take this med, and she will go shopping in her sleep; I assure you she will not complain....

damn...

Knock out two birds...shop in your sleep and wake up refreshed...

She will not have a problem with that...

I know you guys are laughing this off...but this is a serious matter.

but what if she got in her car and killed someone, would she still be responsible?

I think she should call her doctor ASAP, and take her off this med, because you already know what could happen....

Not only should you call her doctor, you should take away her laptop. She is going to break you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">