• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To File a Small Claim case. Do I travel or the one that I am suing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tru2au

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

Yes, I signed up on a website speeddate.com. I cancelled that subscription within the first three days. I received a charge yesterday on my debit card for $99.99 from a datefaithful.com. I contacted them and they said that I did sign up and how would they get my information if I didn't. In their terms and conditions. It states that they have other dating websites that they are afilliated with but it doesn't list Speed Date. I have argued with them and they refused to budge. I went to my bank and canceled my card and filed a denial. After my bank contacted them. They argued with them also. I am going to the bank tomorrow to have a conference call with their company. My question is; If I was to file a small claims suit against them in Alabama. Would they have to come to me to argue the case? Are would I have to go to them? They are located in California. Thanks for any help. Robert Godfrey

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alabama

Yes, I signed up on a website speeddate.com. I cancelled that subscription within the first three days. I received a charge yesterday on my debit card for $99.99 from a datefaithful.com. I contacted them and they said that I did sign up and how would they get my information if I didn't. In their terms and conditions. It states that they have other dating websites that they are afilliated with but it doesn't list Speed Date. I have argued with them and they refused to budge. I went to my bank and canceled my card and filed a denial. After my bank contacted them. They argued with them also. I am going to the bank tomorrow to have a conference call with their company. My question is; If I was to file a small claims suit against them in Alabama. Would they have to come to me to argue the case? Are would I have to go to them? They are located in California. Thanks for any help. Robert Godfrey
You would have to litigate in California.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">