• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Getting My Donation Back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eerelations

Given the OP's 'tude, I suspect he wants his donation back because the receiver didn't meet OP's personal definition of "gratitude" (here comes the real reason OP refused to provide said definition), i.e., much grovelling and kow-towing and wailing about what a wonderful perfect saint the OP is.

Personally I don't expect gratitude when I donate, I (like most of us) donate because it's the right thing to do, and knowing that I've done the right thing is enough for me. But I guess the OP needs more stroking than most of us.

OHRoadwarrior

Making donations is kind of like lending money to friends and relatives. If you ever get anything back you should consider that more than you expected.

TedMann

Given the OP's 'tude, I suspect he wants his donation back because the receiver didn't meet OP's personal definition of "gratitude" (here comes the real reason OP refused to provide said definition), i.e., much grovelling and kow-towing and wailing about what a wonderful perfect saint the OP is.

Personally I don't expect gratitude when I donate, I (like most of us) donate because it's the right thing to do, and knowing that I've done the right thing is enough for me. But I guess the OP needs more stroking than most of us.
You're poisoning the well. I didn't come here to be psychoanalyzed. Questioning peoples motives is also a fallacy (appeal to motive).

TedMann

I found Blue Meanie's question logically relevant. Being ungrateful under the dictionary definition of the word would not be illegal and would not allow you to recover any donation you made to the organization.

You can contact the California Attorney General's Office and/or California's Department of Consumer Affairs, however, if you believe the organization misrepresented itself in any way or misused the contributions collected.

And for a thorough review of the facts, you could talk to an attorney in your area (perhaps one who practices consumer law).
You gave me good information. Thanks.:)

justalayman

No, I've seen it as low as $60. If you people don't know what you are talking about, you should remain silent.
If you can get an attorney to sit down with you, listen to your complaint and write a scare letter for $60, then go for it. I am not an attorney and don't get paid as well as most attorneys and I can tell you the I wouldn't do it for that but hey, whatever floats your boat dude.

It is more than likely wasted money regardless but again, it's your money. Keep on floating.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">