• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gift card purchased to be used for online store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nitro13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I recently purchased some gift cards from GameStop store to be used at GameStop.com. I placed several orders on the site and few days later it gets cancelled. They explained that the orders go through verification and checked for funding. Thinking it's a GameStop gift card it would automatically gets approved. Not so, now it seems like I can't place any orders on the site. Is it possible to get a refund if they're not willing to accept the cards? I know the gift cards could still use at local store, but the purpose of the cards was to be used at GameStop.com. If they wouldn't accept them, then I don't need them.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

you would need to read the terms associated with the cards. What they say pretty much tells you what you can and cannot do.

CourtClerk

So, what is going on that you don't want to use these cards, in person at the kazillion Game Stop (or Game Stop owned) stores???????

CourtClerk

Pricing/Deals and availability is not always the same at a store as online. Perhaps the OP doesn't have a credit or debit card and purchased a gift card to use online.
Then he need only present his gift cards, with his receipt back to the Game Stop he purchased the gift cards at so they can fix the problem with the funding and authorization of the cards.

Wait, lemme guess. "I don't have the receipt anymore." "I don't want to go back to the store."

In other words... these cards were fraudulently obtained which is why, instead of doing the obvious thing, which would be going back to the store to fix the problem, we are on a legal website trying to figure out how to get the money back, Gamestop probably never got in the first place for the cards he probably shouldn't have.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">