• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got a question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vizionz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Il

This is a question based on microsoft game system the xbox one.

Before this console was launched or soon after the spokesman for the company larry was interviewed on video.

The question was If you buy video games digitally and happen to get banned for whatever reason will you still have access to the games you purchased ?

he responded with a absolutely you just wont be able to play them games online with that account.

Now i was banned for responding to online bullying and was banned and they have locked my account and basically stole 14 games worth a total of 700+ dollars. is his word as one of the faces of the company legal ?

FlyingRon

First off, anything they put in video means little. You subsequently agreed to the terms of service. I'm not even sure that what they did here is contradictory to what he said in the video.
You can't use the banned account. The TOS is here: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Legal/LiveTOU

What happens if I do not abide by this Agreement? In the event we take action against you for a violation of this Agreement, we may permanently delete, and you may permanently lose, some or all of the information or content associated with your Microsoft account and/or we may cancel your Services in their entirety. Content that is deleted may be irretrievable.

3.4. What happens if my Services are canceled or terminated? If your Services are canceled or terminated (whether by you or us), your right to use the Services stops. If your Services are canceled or terminated, we may permanently delete information associated with your account, including your content, from our servers and we are under no obligation to return any content to you.

It was incumbent on you to make sure that you had access to games independent of the online account that you broke the rules on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">