• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gotomypc price discrimination question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FreddW

I have been a Gotomypc customer for over 6 years and have been paying $14.95 per month for the service. I recently found out that the price was changed to $9.95 per month a few YEARS ago but my billing was never adjusted. I called up and they adjusted my current billing to the lower price but refused to credit me for the past few years of overbillings. Is this legal? Does it fall under discrimination as i have been charged more than other customers for the same service?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, it is legal. No, it is not any form of illegal discrimination.

It was an oversight. It's fixed.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I don't have any quarrel with that perspective either. But whichever way you look at it, it's not illegal discrimination and it does not give the OP any legal recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">