• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guy said I would be refunded via email, now he ignores me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spazfishy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I had bought some trees as a privacy screen. The trees lost all there leaves due to the nature of how they were ripped from the ground vs potted. It rendered my trees useless as the screen I bought them as and after an insane amount of emails back and forth from the seller he said I would be refunded via email. The guy never refunded me and now ignores my emails. Is there anything I can do. The trees are not dead but it will take a year or two for them to come back if they ever do. The amount we agreed on refunding was less than what I paid but I agreed to it. I also offered him money to come take them back, labor costs but he told me he would refund the agreed amount of 1500 instead. Now, he ignores me and I am not being refunded. Any legal action worth taking here? He has told me they do not warranty the look of the trees. Obviously though he knew why I was buying them and he knew this would happen but he failed to tell me.

Thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You could sue the guy in small claims court. However, you don't really have any damages. You acknowledge as much when you state that the trees are alive and will grow in. I suggest that you have some patience.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">