• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guy wants a refund when no refund was offered

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anah728

What is the name of your state? CA
hello i sold a pair of prada sunglasses on ebay saying that the condition was pre owned. In the ad it only described what the glasses looked like not anything about their condition exept for that they were pre-owned. There were 4 photos of the glasses on the site as well. The man bought them in the hour or so before the auction end time. In the ad I said nothing about returns, meaning no returns. The man is claiming that the glasses are in poor condition which they weren't and that its my fault? He is threating to sue me for false advertising and report me as a scam. The glasses are 100% authentic. He is being rather rude. what should i do? Does he have a case. He only paid $59 after shipping.

thanks

PJ Weber

In the ad I said nothing about returns, meaning no returns.
The absence of a return policy doesn't mean 'no returns', it leaves the matter in question

I have bought and sold over a thousand items on eBay. Personally I would refund his money, provided he send them back the same way you sent them

When you resell them state the return policy

Last edited:

racer72

As a long time seller on eBay with a very impressive feedback rating, if you have to resort to trickery or vague references to get buyers for your crap you will not last long on eBay. Lack of a refund policy does not mean no refunds. If you don't want to give the refund, expect negative feedback.

racer72, 10,383 feedback and never a negative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Racer is right, if you want to keep selling on Ebay it would be best to refund and take the sunglasses back. I have 900+ positive feedbacks and just one negative from a jerk who neged me when I did not leave any feed back on him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">