• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

H took more than 2 days shipping as promised

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dailader44

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii
On December 1, I purchased 2 hoverboards from XXXX. They are advertising free 2 day shipping and allowing 3-4 days to process. From my calculations, I was going to receive the boards in time prior to leaving Washington and going back home to Hawaii on December 13. On December 3, I found a facebook page with many upset customers stating that they did not receive their boards and had ordered before Thanksgiving. I wanted to see if I needed to cancel my order if I was not going to get in on time, so I tried to call and left emails and messages on facebook. Noone responded. I finally was sent a tracking email from UPS that night where my hoverboards sat for a good week in China without moving. Finally, XXXX posted on facebook 12/10 update of the delay, mind you, noone responded to any emails. I tried to call again and the phone line was either busy or hung up on me. I posted another message on facebook and someone responded. They asked what my name and order number was, but never got back to me. I posted more messages and emails stating that my order needs to be cancelled because I will not be there to receive it but the delivery went through anyway. I arrived home to Hawaii on the 13th and the boards were delivered on the 14th in Washington when in fact it was supposed to be in by the 11th. Still today, the hoverboards are sitting at a vacant house waiting for someone to steal it and I am out almost $800. I filed a dispute with my bank but its almost Christmas and I have nothing to give my kids because i did not get any refund nor did the company do their best to let me know if I could cancel or redirect shipment, Shame on them!

This company is just wrong in so many ways. First of all, they do not answer any phone calls or emails and the proof is on their facebook page. The do not have a NO Cancellation Policy, but they do have a shipping and return policy. How are we supposed to do anything if they do not answer their phone or emails. I made a claim at the BBB but I am seeking legal advice now. This is so stressful and I am so upset with this company who it still falsely advertising free 2 day shipping!:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Proserpina

You didn't file a claim - you filed a complaint, which accomplishes exactly nothing. The BBB has no regulatory authority and is little more than a "we love this company"/"this company sucks" clearinghouse.

I expect that you won't have any luck with the bank, either.

Last edited by a moderator:

dailader44

You didn't file a claim - you filed a complaint, which accomplishes exactly nothing. The BBB has no regulatory authority and is little more than a "we love this company"/"this company sucks" clearinghouse.

I expect that you won't have any luck with the bank, either.
Yes complaint. The company can either dispute or settle but it may take weeks. Any suggestions?

dailader44

Get a neighbor/friend/family member you trust to retrieve the merchandise from 'the empty house' and ship those fire hazards to you. :cool:
Hmmm I already thought of that, but it was a house rental for vacation. Thanks for the suggestion. I thought of just about everything before posting on here, so if its an easy solution......no thanks cause I already tried it! LOL yes fire hazards is exactly why i don't want them now.

Dave1952

Have you spoken to UPS about this? For a large sum of money they might try to retrieve your package and send it to Hawaii. If the package is gone then it's gone.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Delays in customs are beyond the control of the shipper. It really wasn't very wise to cut it so close. You should have simply waited and had them shipped to your home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">