• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hello minor case from customs for ordering smokless tobacco, any toughts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nah

Hello, when customs suspect a person for ordering non smokeless tobacco witch is "generally illegal in EU". Customs will confiscate the tobacco and let the person pick up the empty non tracked package from the post office for a signature. So in the end state the package, was delivered to the person and customs opened a minor case.

Customs will have confiscated package, without any other bill or note that the person has really made an order and bought non smokeless tobacco.

To continue the person will say: he didn’t order the tobacco, maybe it was send as gift?, maybe the package was sent to a wrong person because the package, was non trackable.

So my question is, who will probable win in court, what are the chances on both sides?

I think if the customs can’t prove that the person really paid or ordered x amount of smokeless tobacco, then the case will be dropped because there is no prosecution. The package will be only evidence but what about linking it to the person. Without linking it to the person anyone could order anonymously to someone x address a package like narcotics or other illegal stuff and get him busted.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Hello, when customs suspect a person for ordering non smokeless tobacco witch is "generally illegal in EU". Customs will confiscate the tobacco and let the person pick up the empty non tracked package from the post office for a signature. So in the end state the package, was delivered to the person and customs opened a minor case.

Customs will have confiscated package, without any other bill or note that the person has really made an order and bought non smokeless tobacco.

To continue the person will say: he didn’t order the tobacco, maybe it was send as gift?, maybe the package was sent to a wrong person because the package, was non trackable.

So my question is, who will probable win in court, what are the chances on both sides?

I think if the customs can’t prove that the person really paid or ordered x amount of smokeless tobacco, then the case will be dropped because there is no prosecution. The package will be only evidence but what about linking it to the person. Without linking it to the person anyone could order anonymously to someone x address a package like narcotics or other illegal stuff and get him busted.
Unless something has changed recently, I don't believe the EU has been annexed by the US.

nah

Hello, yes you are correct about the EU lol but, as you can see i have pointed out also the scenario and i would like to see what different people will think about it. To be specifict who has better position on this case.

Just Blue

Hello, yes you are correct about the EU lol but, as you can see i have pointed out also the scenario and i would like to see what different people will think about it. To be specifict who has better position on this case.
Do your own Homework.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">