• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Online Domain Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jozvaldo

Hi - Im look for some advice please!

I own a domain name which is used for shopping comparison - I have received the following email relating to my domain name. Could somebody please confirm what my rights are and whether I have to transfer for free - as I purchased this domain as my own?

Now ******* is one of our most famous and successful brands protected all over the world by trademark registrations (any proof will be submitted if requested). We also registered, among others, the domain names ******* to promote our products.

We have come to know that you have registered the domain name ********* which infringes our rights in the trademark *******, which we fully own now.

Due to the near identity of our trademark and your domain name there is a high risk for consumers - who want to search on the Internet for our ******** products - to believe that there is a connection between the web page displayed under your domain name and our products and Company.

Therefore, to solve the matter in bonis we ask you to transfer your a.m. domain name to us P********, owner of the mark *********.

Thanking you in advance for your attention, I look forward to hearing from you in the near future on the above.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">