• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP!!! Purchased a gift Card on Ebay, never Received it, Paypal is refusing to reimb

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andromeda25

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

Hello!
Recently I purchased a Gift card from a Brand New Seller. According to the sale it was a Neiman Marcus Gift Card with a Value of $410.00, Buy it Now format.
Four days after I purchased the item I received an email with a tracking number, not from Ebay but from Paypal updating me with the shipment. I Checked the tracking number and, to my surprise I see that the item was "Apparently" Delivered to me two days prior to receiving the tracking number.
Of course Item was never delivered as you can Imagine.
Two days after the purchase was Made, The sellers was Terminated from Ebay due to a Violation of Policies.

I've tried contacting everybody; The Seller, USPS, EBAY, PAYPAL without success. I tried opening a case with Paypal, over and over again and they resolute on behalf of this fraudulent individual, just for the reason that seller provided a tracking number and tracking shows it has been delivered to me.
I have tried everything and now I see myself trapped in this apparent scam. Is there any Advice that you can provide as what to do in this case?
I thank you in Advance for your Help

justalayman

How was the card shipped? Contact whomever that was and inquire about that tracking number and the true actions involved with it.

racer72

You were scammed. The seller is long gone with your money. Your only option left would be to sue the seller where that person lives. Likely the info they used to open the Ebay account is false so that won't be much help.

Astrolink

All purchases over $250 must be signed for with Ebay sales. Have you talked to an individual at Paypal to explain your exact circumstances or just attempted an online claim? They would need to know all the relevant details to possibly rule in your favor since it the item is shown as delivered. As for the delivery, does it show it signed for? In your city? You can get that detail if you input the number at the specific shipping company (usps, ups, fedex, ect.).

andromeda25

All purchases over $250 must be signed for with Ebay sales. Have you talked to an individual at Paypal to explain your exact circumstances or just attempted an online claim? They would need to know all the relevant details to possibly rule in your favor since it the item is shown as delivered. As for the delivery, does it show it signed for? In your city? You can get that detail if you input the number at the specific shipping company (usps, ups, fedex, ect.).
Thank you so much for responding.
First thing I tried was to open a claim online , It was rejected almost immediately, I have spoken with a representative who reopened the case, and again, got Rejected. I sent paypal a Letter explaining with details the situation. They Replied with the same Answer. On top of that they sent me a disclosure explaining what products are not covered under their money back guarantee and Gift cards are not included.

I do not think Ebay enforces signature confirmation, which is unfortunate. I think it should be imperative to do so...

andromeda25

You were scammed. The seller is long gone with your money. Your only option left would be to sue the seller where that person lives. Likely the info they used to open the Ebay account is false so that won't be much help.
Any Ideas as how to proceed with your recommendation?

Astrolink

Paypal does not cover bad gift cards, but the seller has to prove it was delivered. However if they have no money in their account (as in, a scammer that took the money and ran), they won't cover it.

With that said, did you pay with a credit card through Paypal? You may be able to do a chargeback.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">