• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how do i report illegal online sales of products and services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? california
the store is located in new jersey.

i know of a small business that is selling HID kits for cars. the HID kits makes car headlamps much brighter. i know that there is a law stating this is illegal but they have found a loop hole in the rules. also they have been doing this for a while without anyone questioning what they are doing.

they also do retro fitting. its basically installing other vehicles projector headlamp parts into cars that do not have these in there. i dont know if this is illegal but i assume it should be cause it is modifing d.o.t cars headlights to something the manufacturer didnt create.

they say that as long as they post up on the site, the items are for off road use only, they will be safe from johnny law.

is there anyway to report them and get the law to shut them down?

racer72

Such items are legal to sell and install on vehicles for off road use only. As long as this is the intent of the business, there is nothing you can do.

i c.

even tho all the vehicles are basically street/road driven cars that they are working on?

racer72

i c.

even tho all the vehicles are basically street/road driven cars that they are working on?
Yep. I have exhaust cutouts on my 66 GTO, illegal to use on the street and I very rarely drive my the car "off road". If caught by the police with the cutouts open, I can and will deserve a ticket. The same applies to the owners of the vehicles with the modified headlights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">