• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much notice is required?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BigDaddyZack

What is the name of your state? California

My company plans to significantly increase the cost-per-click prices that we charge. At first, they didn't plan to give any of our customers any notice at all. After I challenged that, they agreed to give our clients 10-days written notice (by email). Our contracts are ambigeous on these things. All our clients are on month-to-month agreements. Three questions:
#1: By CA law, how much notice must the clients be given when it comes to a price increase?
#2: In what way do they have to notify the clients? (written, email, etc)
#3: Is there a statute or something I can turn over to them that addresses this? (actual statute would be nice, or a link to a page that offers it).

I feel very uncomfortable with what they are doing and I want to know, for my own piece of mind, if they are following proper laws. Please advise. Thank you.

divgradcurl

#1: By CA law, how much notice must the clients be given when it comes to a price increase?
What does your written contract say about price increases?

#2: In what way do they have to notify the clients? (written, email, etc)
See above.

#3: Is there a statute or something I can turn over to them that addresses this? (actual statute would be nice, or a link to a page that offers it).
None that I am aware of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">