Closed Thread
    jaimeavi1904 is offline Junior Member

Angry I bought an engine of Enginesus.com

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? - California

Hi, I bought an engine for my car of Enginesus.com
    I paid $1,000.00.

I was told the engine would take 5-7 days to arrive. When I called after eight (8) days I was told the engines they currently had, tested bad so Enginesus were going to send me a motor within another 5-7 days. After I recived the engine and after I had time to install it, I came to find out that they sent me a seized engine; it did not work. Now they are charging me $155.00 to ship the motor back to them for their 6 month warranty.

I will not pay for the shipping so I can get the warranty.

I am here seeking advice before I go asking the company for a refund.

I am tired of this mess and I just want my money back!

Also on the website I did not see anything mentioning a re-fund (If they do or if they don't give them out)
    Zigner is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaimeavi1904 View Post

I paid $1,000.00.

I was told the engine would take 5-7 days to arrive. When I called after eight (8) days I was told the engines they currently had, tested bad so Enginesus were going to send me a motor within another 5-7 days. After I recived the engine and after I had time to install it, I came to find out that they sent me a seized engine; it did not work. Now they are charging me $155.00 to ship the motor back to them for their 6 month warranty.

Also on the website I did not see anything mentioning a re-fund (If they do or if they don't give them out)
    What are the terms of the warranty that came with the engine as they relate to return shipping?
    jaimeavi1904 is offline Junior Member

Enginesus.com

The warranty states, 6 months of parts or 6 months; anything defected internally of the current engine will allow for an exchange for another engine.

As for the shipping, the website states that I must pay for the shipping but that is if I am using the warranty....

I do not want the warranty, I want a re-fund!!!
    sandyclaus is offline Senior Member

I paid $1,000.00.

The warranty states, 6 months of parts or 6 months; anything defected internally of the current engine will allow for an exchange for another engine.

As for the shipping, the website states that I must pay for the shipping but that is if I am using the warranty....

I do not want the warranty, I want a re-fund!!!
    You didn't look hard enough.

Under their POLICIES section, under General, it states:
    All sales are final. There are no returns, exchanges, or refunds unless covered under our warranty, which is limited to replacement of the defective unit. Once you ship back the defective engine or transmission, we will ship you a replacement. The warranty does not cover any labor costs. If we do not have a like item for exchange, we will refund your purchase price and return postage fees for delivery to us insured and via freight company.
    Under their policy, you don't have the option to just return the engine for a refund. You MUST utilize their warranty option. ONLY if they do not have a like item to exchange the defective item with will they refund the purchase price AND the return shipping costs.

You're going to have to pay for the shipping costs as clearly stated in that warranty to return the engine and give them the opportunity to replace it.

And this is the reason you don't order such large items through companies that do not automatically cover the cost of return shipping for defective items.