• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'd Refunded Buyer and Ebay Too

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raymicksenterpr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
Hello, name is Raymond McCormick. I'm a seller on Ebay and I'd had situation where a buyer sent back an item. I refunded his money. He told me he didn't see it. The payment processor company I'd use was ProPay. The problem I'd realize ProPay isn't affiliated with Ebay. I'd refunded the Ebay buyer. The amount of the refund was $125. I'd refunded him $50 + $50 + $20 + $5 = $125. Reason why I'd refunded him in increment amounts is because I didn't have all of it at one time. It went through Customer Services Dept. and the Escalations Dept. After that case has been closed, and my appeal has been denied. Ebay gave him a refund too. So he has not only $125 from me but $125 from Ebay. Now they charged me on my Ebay seller account and gave it a suspension. What can I do or is there anything I can do you ?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hello, name is Raymond McCormick. I'm a seller on Ebay and I'd had situation where a buyer sent back an item. I refunded his money. He told me he didn't see it. The payment processor company I'd use was ProPay. The problem I'd realize ProPay isn't affiliated with Ebay. I'd refunded the Ebay buyer. The amount of the refund was $125. I'd refunded him $50 + $50 + $20 + $5 = $125. Reason why I'd refunded him in increment amounts is because I didn't have all of it at one time. It went through Customer Services Dept. and the Escalations Dept. After that case has been closed, and my appeal has been denied. Ebay gave him a refund too. So he has not only $125 from me but $125 from Ebay. Now they charged me on my Ebay seller account and gave it a suspension. What can I do or is there anything I can do you ?
Prove to Ebay that you paid him back.

single317dad

Prove to Ebay that you paid him back.
There should be a log of all the refunds in the reports area of the ProPay account. Contact eBay customer service; they're pretty easy to get ahold of. You go through the contact procedure, and they'll give you a one-time phone number and verification code. Enter those, and talk to someone. Tell them what happened, and offer to send them the proof via fax or email. eBay's customer service is actually pretty good, despite their reputation. Paypal's, on the other hand...

BL

What is the method of payment on your ebay account ?

What ever means , you refund the same way.

As a seller you should know that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">