• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm being threatened to be sued HELP!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brittany898

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Virginia

So I recently just sold my puppy because I can't no longer care for him. Well now they are planning to sue me for vet bills for the puppy shots that he needed when she knew what shots he had and didn't beacaue I gave her the records to prove it.. I said in my ad that he has shots which is true he did get some shots but needed more that I couldn't afford. Now she wants half of the money back for vet bills. I tired to make arrangements give her the $175 back but she didn't want to except it.. She wanted the money that same day when she called but I had to use that money to pay for bills..can she sue me for it? And I can't talk to her because all she does is threaten me and talk about my son and question my parenting which she has to right to bring him in it.. I NEED HELP PLS!

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Virginia

So I recently just sold my puppy because I can't no longer care for him. Well now they are planning to sue me for vet bills for the puppy shots that he needed when she knew what shots he had and didn't beacaue I gave her the records to prove it.. I said in my ad that he has shots which is true he did get some shots but needed more that I couldn't afford. Now she wants half of the money back for vet bills. I tired to make arrangements give her the $175 back but she didn't want to except it.. She wanted the money that same day when she called but I had to use that money to pay for bills..can she sue me for it? And I can't talk to her because all she does is threaten me and talk about my son and question my parenting which she has to right to bring him in it.. I NEED HELP PLS!
So what did your advertisement state for the puppy? Word for word.

brittany898

Virginia

Original post:

Hello
we are a family looking for a forever home for your puppy.. My husband will be going out of state for work for a couple months. So me and my kids will be moving back to SC stay with my sister in law for the time being and there is a no pets allowed policy in her condo.i hate to be doing this to him since he gotten so close us but I have no choice.He is 14 weeks old.. He is very playul and loves kids. He will come with his bed,collar and leash.. He also has his shots and I have proof also.. We are asking a rehoming fee of $350 half of what we paid for him.. If u have any questions pls ask! Serious buyers only!!!

quincy

Original post:

Hello
we are a family looking for a forever home for your puppy.. My husband will be going out of state for work for a couple months. So me and my kids will be moving back to SC stay with my sister in law for the time being and there is a no pets allowed policy in her condo.i hate to be doing this to him since he gotten so close us but I have no choice.He is 14 weeks old.. He is very playul and loves kids. He will come with his bed,collar and leash.. He also has his shots and I have proof also.. We are asking a rehoming fee of $350 half of what we paid for him.. If u have any questions pls ask! Serious buyers only!!!
If your puppy did not have all of the shots he needed as a 14 week old, then your ad was misleading. If, before purchase, you informed the purchaser that the puppy still needed more shots, however, the purchaser may not have a legitimate claim against you.

Did the purchaser say the vet exam showed the puppy had any illness or disease (like parvovirus)?

brittany898

If your puppy did not have all of the shots he needed as a 14 week old, then your ad was misleading. If, before purchase, you informed the purchaser that the puppy still needed more shots, however, the purchaser may not have a legitimate claim against you.

Did the purchaser say the vet exam showed the puppy had any illness or disease (like parvovirus)?
Yes I have told her in person when she came to take the puppy that he needed more shots and I even showed her the puppy records But yet she had nothing to say.i totally understand it was a misleading on my part and I aplopized for it when I spoke to her.. No she did not puppy was healthy with no illness or disease.. He basically just needed his shots that was needed for his age!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Then offer to pay for the shots that need to be given (I'm assuming it's less than $175)

brittany898

Then offer to pay for the shots that need to be given (I'm assuming it's less than $175)
I have also tired to give her the pay back fOr it but she didn't want to except it.. Because she said she needed the money on the same day which I don't have till my next pay and that in a week..I have called about 3 different vets and they all said the same price of $30 dollars a shot which he needed 4 so $120 all together but she stills claimes she needs the $175 back! I have been very understanding with her and try to fix the problem but you can't speak to someone if all your getting is threats, yelled at and being thrown in my face about my family that is not any of her concern for that matter.. I'm willing to go to court if that what she wants because I know what I have done wrong and tired to fix it but yet that's not good enough for her.

Zigner

I have also tired to give her the pay back fOr it but she didn't want to except it.. Because she said she needed the money on the same day which I don't have till my next pay and that in a week..I have called about 3 different vets and they all said the same price of $30 dollars a shot which he needed 4 so $120 all together but she stills claimes she needs the $175 back! I have been very understanding with her and try to fix the problem but you can't speak to someone if all your getting is threats, yelled at and being thrown in my face about my family that is not any of her concern for that matter.. I'm willing to go to court if that what she wants because I know what I have done wrong and tired to fix it but yet that's not good enough for her.
Why don't you start making payments? I suspect the buyer feels that you duped them once, why would she expect any different. If you start making an effort, it may ease the tension a bit.

brittany898

Why don't you start making payments? I suspect the buyer feels that you duped them once, why would she expect any different. If you start making an effort, it may ease the tension a bit.

Okay, i totally understand that. But I even tiried to give her a written or an email stating when she can except the money by and if not paid than she has every right to take me to court to ask for it.. I have tried and tried to make it things better because My ad was very misleading.. but yet I have gotten nothing.

Zigner

Okay, i totally understand that. But I even tiried to give her a written or an email stating when she can except the money by and if not paid than she has every right to take me to court to ask for it.. I have tried and tried to make it things better because My ad was very misleading.. but yet I have gotten nothing.
Money talks. Don't promise to start paying...start paying!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">