• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Insurance Agent used my info for fake policies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CierraKoz

I have recently found out that my Farmers Insurance agent had fake policies under my name, to make his quota for a month. To do this, he needed my SSN, my credit card number, and my signature. He copied my info from a past account that was supposed to be cancelled end of November. I was wondering if I had any legal footing here. I am very upset my info was used.

sandyclaus

I have recently found out that my Farmers Insurance agent had fake policies under my name, to make his quota for a month. To do this, he needed my SSN, my credit card number, and my signature. He copied my info from a past account that was supposed to be cancelled end of November. I was wondering if I had any legal footing here. I am very upset my info was used.
All of which were available to the agent when they viewed your existing policy. So it's not necessarily a privacy breach.

However, I'm wondering HOW you found out about this? Have you spoken with Farmers Insurance directly about this agent's misuse of your personal information?

More importantly, what damages did you suffer due to this agent's misuse of your personal information? Were you rejected for credit, other insurance, etc. as a result? Did you suffer some kind of financial damages?

LdiJ

Did you actually end up paying for policies you did not want or had not authorized? If so, did you get your money back?

CierraKoz

Whole story.

The agent was a roommate of mine. With one of the newer policies, he must have went into my purse and gotten my credit card out to use it. The first policy I opened didn't have my new cards information.

The first policy was supposed to be open for one month exactly. It has now been open for 3.

Money has been taken out, not much, but there is no way he should have access to that banking account in the first place.

I found this out because another Farmers insurer called me to ask where I actually lived because of the double up on policies. I haven't been able to get in touch with them since they found out I did not authorized a purchase of a policy at an address I don't live at.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">