• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Gift Card Scam-Victoria's Secret

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Juris Jules

What is the name of your state? OH

Today, I attempted to redeem a gift certificate from Victoria's Secret. You WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS CRAPORAMA! :mad:

In order to 'REDEEM' your gift card, you must first PURCHASE the merchandise on your own credit card, and wait in hopes that Victoria's Secret actually credits back your account in "3-5 days." However, the fine print, and their response back to my complaint is that it may take two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your card.

So, that's illegal, right?! The gift certificate or egift card was already purchased. So, it's illegal to double-charge, AND audaciously then suck interest off of our funds for 60 days!

I'm notifying the FTC. What other agency(ies) would govern that? I was thinking the UCC as well.

Thanx. Jules

Cbarnes429

Julies---
I feel your pain. But 60 days is the longest. I have been watching them closely and it looks like mine is charged, then reversed in 2 days at most.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">