• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal to change return policy after purchase? (US, WA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blob_5

So I bought an item at a (pretty reputable) online web store for smaller craft items based out of CA (and ships out of CA) and the order confirmation email and website said that the item has a 30 day return policy.

After I got my shipping confirmation email, the policy changed to final sale... The product is now cheaper (items hasn't arrived yet) and I was gonna cancel the order/return it and order it at the cheaper price...

So I was just wondering if this is legal at all since it seems to violate a lot of consumer laws.

quincy

So I bought an item at a (pretty reputable) online web store for smaller craft items based out of CA (and ships out of CA) and the order confirmation email and website said that the item has a 30 day return policy.

After I got my shipping confirmation email, the policy changed to final sale... The product is now cheaper (items hasn't arrived yet) and I was gonna cancel the order/return it and order it at the cheaper price...

So I was just wondering if this is legal at all since it seems to violate a lot of consumer laws.
Following is a link to California's Department of Justice site, on refund policies: http://oag.ca.gov/consumers/general/refunds

Without having seen the store's website to review in its entirety its policy on refunds, or whether what you purchased from out-of-state might fall outside the 30-day policy, I cannot tell you if any consumer law was violated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">