• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on line purchase gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

repoman576

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new York

hello

im not sure what is allow here so I will not name any names for now. on july 1, 2014 I purchased a tv part from what I thought was a reputable on line tv parts store. the purchase was paid for via checking acct through paypal for $135.90. after receipt and installation of the part it was determined by my tech that the part did not correct the tv problem. I emailed the online store to request a RMA to return the part for refund. return was granted and I was given an RMA number. item was shipped out via usps with a tracking number on july 18th 2014. item was delivered on july 22, 2014. I gave this company a lot of time to refund, however, more than 2 weeks later on august 5th 2014, there still was no refund. I emailed them on that date...no reply. 2 days later I emailed them again....still no reply. finally I decided to call the company. I went back to their on line site and found the number ( by the way, the phone number has since been removed) and called. a gentleman named ******* answered and I asked him about the status of the rma refund. he said, oh yeah I remember your purchase and will try to facilitate your credit. on august 11, 2014, I finally received email confirmation from that company and they stated...we have received the package and a credit was issued to your acct on august 5, 2014, however it may take as much as 2 weeks to reflect depending on your bank. ok.....im finally happy and told them that I can wait 2 weeks or so. well, 3 weeks later there was still no credit and another email was sent out...again...NO REPLY!!!. now ive finally determined that this company is not going to refund me back. I called paypal and tried to open a dispute. paypal has this ridiculous policy...you cannot dispute a purchase after 45 days. I finally realized what this company did. they purposely lied about issuing credit to me on aug 8 and told me that it may take 2 weeks to reflect in order to allow the 45 days to lapse. several calls to paypal yielded the same results...NOTHING. paypal tells me go talk to your bank. so I did. my local bank also does NOTHING...saying that they was authorized to pay paypal and that's what they did. so here is the bottom line....the tv parts co. has my money, the returned part, paypal and my bank will do nothing and im out the $135.90.

doing a search on this company shows me that im not the only one that has difficulties with them. they have shown to have a habit of excercising bad business ethics. I was told to take this company to small claims court by my friends but im probably 1500 miles away and in the long run im not so sure it would be worth it to persue it in that manner. I feel that this whole debacle could be solved instantly if paypal took a stand for common sense and do the right thing but fat chance that's going to happen. paypals policies are pretty much inflexible and these types of businesses knows this and exploit it. I have all documentations which include emails and tracking info and I can provide this at any time.

so, I guess my question is....what can I do about this...or did I get scammed?

any help would be appreciated.

thank you

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

hello

im not sure what is allow here so I will not name any names for now. on july 1, 2014 I purchased a tv part from what I thought was a reputable on line tv parts store. the purchase was paid for via checking acct through paypal for $135.90. after receipt and installation of the part it was determined by my tech that the part did not correct the tv problem. I emailed the online store to request a RMA to return the part for refund. return was granted and I was given an RMA number. item was shipped out via usps with a tracking number on july 18th 2014. item was delivered on july 22, 2014. I gave this company a lot of time to refund, however, more than 2 weeks later on august 5th 2014, there still was no refund. I emailed them on that date...no reply. 2 days later I emailed them again....still no reply. finally I decided to call the company. I went back to their on line site and found the number ( by the way, the phone number has since been removed) and called. a gentleman named ******* answered and I asked him about the status of the rma refund. he said, oh yeah I remember your purchase and will try to facilitate your credit. on august 11, 2014, I finally received email confirmation from that company and they stated...we have received the package and a credit was issued to your acct on august 5, 2014, however it may take as much as 2 weeks to reflect depending on your bank. ok.....im finally happy and told them that I can wait 2 weeks or so. well, 3 weeks later there was still no credit and another email was sent out...again...NO REPLY!!!. now ive finally determined that this company is not going to refund me back. I called paypal and tried to open a dispute. paypal has this ridiculous policy...you cannot dispute a purchase after 45 days. I finally realized what this company did. they purposely lied about issuing credit to me on aug 8 and told me that it may take 2 weeks to reflect in order to allow the 45 days to lapse. several calls to paypal yielded the same results...NOTHING. paypal tells me go talk to your bank. so I did. my local bank also does NOTHING...saying that they was authorized to pay paypal and that's what they did. so here is the bottom line....the tv parts co. has my money, the returned part, paypal and my bank will do nothing and im out the $135.90.

doing a search on this company shows me that im not the only one that has difficulties with them. they have shown to have a habit of excercising bad business ethics. I was told to take this company to small claims court by my friends but im probably 1500 miles away and in the long run im not so sure it would be worth it to persue it in that manner. I feel that this whole debacle could be solved instantly if paypal took a stand for common sense and do the right thing but fat chance that's going to happen. paypals policies are pretty much inflexible and these types of businesses knows this and exploit it. I have all documentations which include emails and tracking info and I can provide this at any time.

thank you
Your recourse is to sue the bad guys in small claims court. Unfortunately, that is probably not reasonable from a financial standpoint. Your other alternative is to not do business with them in the future.

Of course, keep making calls...the squeaky wheel gets the grease!

jimnyc

hello

thank you
You agreed to those policies with Paypal when you joined.

repoman576

Your recourse is to sue the bad guys in small claims court. Unfortunately, that is probably not reasonable from a financial standpoint. Your other alternative is to not do business with them in the future.

Of course, keep making calls...the squeaky wheel gets the grease!
appreciate the reply, yes, this will not be worth taking them to small claims court. im sure they know this as well. I also can assure you I will NEVER do business with these crooks again. as far as calling paypal...you bet im going to.

thanks again for a real reply.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">