• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Merchandise credit notifications not posted to credit card - Company out of business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherylm

What is the name of your state? NC

I purchased merchandise, both online and in the store, from Inner Self that I decided to return (unused). At the time, the Inner Self stores were in the process of closing. The online purchase came with a '"Return/Refund Information Form" that included instructions and a telephone number for returning. I called the telephone number and explained that I had merchandise from both online and instore purchases and asked if returns were still being accepted by Inner Self. I was told yes and promptly completed the form with the information and mailed to the address indicated on the Return/Refund Information form.

On November 8, 2005, I received two postcards from Inner Self stating "Dear customer, We received the merchandise you returned and as requested credited your charge card for the amount shown on the reverse side." Signed Susan Nedved Director of Inner Self. The amounts of these credits is $25.80 and $21.50, respectively.

Since that date, I have not received the credit amounts on my credit card.

On December 12, 2005, I wrote a letter to Inner Self (Attention Susan Nedved) explaining the two merchandise credit notifications and the lack of credit posting to my credit card account. I included copies of the Return/Refund Form and the two merchandise credit confirmation post cards. I mailed them to the return address listed on the post card and it was returned. I subsequently mailed the letter to the address listed on the Return/Refund form, it was returned. Both addresses were P.O. Boxes.

Unfortunately, I did not make a copy of both sides of the Return/Refund form; therefore, I don't have the telephone number I called initially. The Inner Self url (www.inner-self.com) has been taken down and I am unable to find a telephone listing.

I would appreciate help or guidance as to how I now go about securing the $47.30 credit that is due to me, confirmed in writing by Susan Nedved an Inner Self representative.

Any advice you could share would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">