• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My friend wants to sell game services by using his customers' accounts. Illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GameAccSales

Hey, so my friend wants to go into the business of selling 'Arena Rating' for a game called World of Warcraft. In World of Warcraft's ToS they expressly forbid anyone accessing another's account (though they don't mention that it's specifically illegal to pay for others to go on your account).

Assume that he did this and was successful... and even built a business out of it.

While what he's doing is certainly against the ToS, how punishable would this be by Blizzard (the developer of World of Warcraft)? Obviously they would simply ban the accounts, but would they ever pursue further legal action against my friend?

Thanks!

racer72

Further legal action would likely come from the customer's that find out they are permanently banned from the game too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">