• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My motorcycle was sold illegally.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soda408

Hello,
looking to see if anyone could help me out with this one, i had a 2007 suzuki gsx-r 600 that i have a loan out for and now i found out that it was sold with out my consent. The bike was stored at my sisters house and was sold by my nephew of all people without my consent he is 17.... well he sold it to some guy for 1500 and he could not register the bike so he sold it for 2000, it has now been sold again... the second who bought it said he sold it on craiglist to another guy who said he was just going use it for parts. what can i do??? looks like i will never find my motorcycle and i still have this loan....

i been in default on my loan for over 1.5 years and was going to call them to have them pick up the bike and thats when i found out the bike was missing.

i was able to contact the first two guys who had bought it but now i dont know who has it or where it is... i didn't make a police report because of my nephew, we tried to solve it on our own,,but now what????What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

march3012

Hello,
looking to see if anyone could help me out with this one, i had a 2007 suzuki gsx-r 600 that i have a loan out for and now i found out that it was sold with out my consent. The bike was stored at my sisters house and was sold by my nephew of all people without my consent he is 17.... well he sold it to some guy for 1500 and he could not register the bike so he sold it for 2000, it has now been sold again... the second who bought it said he sold it on craiglist to another guy who said he was just going use it for parts. what can i do??? looks like i will never find my motorcycle and i still have this loan....

i been in default on my loan for over 1.5 years and was going to call them to have them pick up the bike and thats when i found out the bike was missing.

i was able to contact the first two guys who had bought it but now i dont know who has it or where it is... i didn't make a police report because of my nephew, we tried to solve it on our own,,but now what????What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
If you want your money back, you will have to file a police report than sue your nephew. Other wise write it off and move on.

However, your nephew is a minor, and in most states, he could not enter a legal transactions, so you may be able to sue those who bought it.

What do you mean write it off and move On??
So, you were hiding your bike from the lender, and then it basically got stolen from you?

Report the bike stolen, pay your lender what you owe. You may or may not be able to collect from your family member.

I do find it rather fitting that you have now been put in the very same position you put your lender.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">