• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need to ask a reimbursement for 138 transactions on a faulty video game.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sicnarf

I'm in Canada.

Hello lady and gentlemen,

I have a big dispute to open to transactions I did do, but now consider fraudulent. I would have charged back sooner if I had realized sooner what was going on, but sadly, I got blinded by the very nature of this video game.

I have charged over the last 6 months a total of 138 times for a game that uses false advertisement with copyright infringement to other existing and adverse franchises, is faulty and meant to addict people with false hope and false impression of grandeur and value. A game that is not advertised as a lottery and luck type of game but where every event is meant to be bought, where the only fight/competition is over whom spends the most money although it is a kid friendly game. A game that stops caring about its user base and creates hundreds of new servers every 6 months to keep the easy cash flowing in, until everyone leaves out of deception (on a server that originally had thousands of characters, I am now alone with 2 other active user).
Management of the game stopped contacting the user base regarding various and very serious issues for over three weeks now, they might be going for a grab and run.

I have lots of proof to back what I am talking about (false advertisement screenshot using copyrighted materials of other video game franchise, false value (promising a 300$ package for any "recharge" while it is actually worthless), screenshots of events stating "Play this to win this" while the ONLY way of winning the said item is by paying 1000$ US. But I will cut this message short and keep the explanation for later.

For the reasons stated above, I would like to open a dispute for a full refund of $1,757.14 CAD.

IMPORTANT: The game has no ToS (Terms of Service). I have not agreed upon anything by playing this game, nothing is implied, there is no requirement to find, read and agree to the ToS (I do not even think it exists). So I had no way of knowing what I was paying for and I believe they thus retain no legal right on any of the money I sent their way.

How should I proceed with the above dispute? Do I need to open a dispute for all 138 transactions over PayPal, or is there a way to ask the developer of the software a single compensation of 1,757.14 CAD?

Thanks for helping me out,
Francis Maltais.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm in Canada.
This forum is for US law only - sorry.
(And, no, we're not going to answer based on the laws in a different jurisdiction just so you can get an idea of how it might work there.)

Hello lady and gentlemen,

I have a big dispute to open to transactions I did do, but now consider fraudulent. I would have charged back sooner if I had realized sooner what was going on, but sadly, I got blinded by the very nature of this video game.

I have charged over the last 6 months a total of 138 times for a game that uses false advertisement with copyright infringement to other existing and adverse franchises, is faulty and meant to addict people with false hope and false impression of grandeur and value. A game that is not advertised as a lottery and luck type of game but where every event is meant to be bought, where the only fight/competition is over whom spends the most money although it is a kid friendly game. A game that stops caring about its user base and creates hundreds of new servers every 6 months to keep the easy cash flowing in, until everyone leaves out of deception (on a server that originally had thousands of characters, I am now alone with 2 other active user).
Management of the game stopped contacting the user base regarding various and very serious issues for over three weeks now, they might be going for a grab and run.

I have lots of proof to back what I am talking about (false advertisement screenshot using copyrighted materials of other video game franchise, false value (promising a 300$ package for any "recharge" while it is actually worthless), screenshots of events stating "Play this to win this" while the ONLY way of winning the said item is by paying 1000$ US. But I will cut this message short and keep the explanation for later.

For the reasons stated above, I would like to open a dispute for a full refund of $1,757.14 CAD.

IMPORTANT: The game has no ToS (Terms of Service). I have not agreed upon anything by playing this game, nothing is implied, there is no requirement to find, read and agree to the ToS (I do not even think it exists). So I had no way of knowing what I was paying for and I believe they thus retain no legal right on any of the money I sent their way.

How should I proceed with the above dispute? Do I need to open a dispute for all 138 transactions over PayPal, or is there a way to ask the developer of the software a single compensation of 1,757.14 CAD?

Thanks for helping me out,
Francis Maltais.

Sicnarf

This forum is for US law only - sorry.
(And, no, we're not going to answer based on the laws in a different jurisdiction just so you can get an idea of how it might work there.)
Very helpful... Shouldn't allow people outside US to register then.

Guess that's a go fudge myself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">