• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never Received Payment From Website for Services

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bb88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello, I currently used a website in which you have the ability to post your own study materials online for sale through their website for other individuals to purchase (kind of like an eBay model). The customer purchases the materials via credit card and after the company takes a percentage from the purchase price, they are supposed to pay you the remainder via PayPal. One of my study materials was purchased in June 2016 and I have still not received my payment from them. I emailed support and received no response. I spoke to a live chat agent in August and they told me that they would check and it should be resolved in 24 hours, but nothing happened. I spoke to a chat agent again in September and they started to tell me the same thing that they "will check" and email me about it. After I told them that the last agent stated that, they then stated "email support". Then when I told them that I did that already and received no response they just said "will check and I'll email you" again. When I told them that I felt like I was getting the runaround and that I didn't want to have to take legal action, they just said "really" and "ok". I feel like I am being scammed and I am not sure how to receive my money. Any advice?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Hello, I currently used a website in which you have the ability to post your own study materials online for sale through their website for other individuals to purchase (kind of like an eBay model). The customer purchases the materials via credit card and after the company takes a percentage from the purchase price, they are supposed to pay you the remainder via PayPal. One of my study materials was purchased in June 2016 and I have still not received my payment from them. I emailed support and received no response. I spoke to a live chat agent in August and they told me that they would check and it should be resolved in 24 hours, but nothing happened. I spoke to a chat agent again in September and they started to tell me the same thing that they "will check" and email me about it. After I told them that the last agent stated that, they then stated "email support". Then when I told them that I did that already and received no response they just said "will check and I'll email you" again. When I told them that I felt like I was getting the runaround and that I didn't want to have to take legal action, they just said "really" and "ok". I feel like I am being scammed and I am not sure how to receive my money. Any advice?
If you are being scammed, you probably won't be able to receive payment, regardless of what you do. You can report the site to your state's Attorney General or to the Attorney General in the company's home state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">