• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No return policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bsams

What is the name of your state? MA

I purchased a book through an Amazon merchant. After I bought it I was given the same book as a gift so I didn't need the one I bought. Amazon suggests contacting the merchant to see what their return policy is. I did that and the seller didn't have a return policy, and when contacted they claimed they don't want it back. I'm wondering if there is something in the Uniform Commercial Code that takes effect when there are no advertised terms from the seller? For example, does the UCC say that I have the right to return the item when the seller does not provide any terms during the sale?

Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? MA

I purchased a book through an Amazon merchant. After I bought it I was given the same book as a gift so I didn't need the one I bought. Amazon suggests contacting the merchant to see what their return policy is. I did that and the seller didn't have a return policy, and when contacted they claimed they don't want it back. I'm wondering if there is something in the Uniform Commercial Code that takes effect when there are no advertised terms from the seller? For example, does the UCC say that I have the right to return the item when the seller does not provide any terms during the sale?

Thanks.
They are not required to accept a return for an item you didn't want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">