• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure where to post: RE: Prescription Drug Regulation, Online Pharmacys.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

x1987x

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I have a prescription for a Schedule 4 Controlled Substance (a few months worth) and after checking local pharmacies they quote me at 11-15$/pill :eek:. I am a shift hospital worker and require this "wakefulness promoting" medication to function. I found a online Canadian pharmacy selling them for a reasonable price and I sent them a scan of my Dr's Rx, sent money, filled out a form releasing them of legal complications (probably) - that I'm in good health... and 2 weeks later got a shipment of the prescription from India with a copy of my Rx and instructions to destroy the original Rx from my Dr. :) (and not to double fill the Rx...)

I found India does not consider this drug a prescription and I realize it's not legal to import it by mail. They're just foil-blister packs and I carry a photocopy of the Dr Written Rx with them (and copies in my records at home and computer as backup) to work, school, ect and because I work in the healthcare field I worry about legal complications for having a legal prescription filled through "grey-legal," not-so-legitimate means.

So what I'm not sure is: Should I worry - is my prescription legal? Is there such thing as a legal Prescription filled illegally? What are such consequences?

(PS: I know the imported medicine contains the real ingredient because the tablets have a distinctive smell and taste and they make your pee smell awful, this is not my worry).

Last edited:

sandyclaus

In response to public concern of the safety of pharmacy practices on the Internet, The National Association of Boards of Pharmacy developed the Verified Internet Pharmacy Practice Sites (VIPPS) program in the spring of 1999. A coalition of state and federal regulatory associations, professional associations, and consumer advocacy groups provided their expertise in developing the criteria which VIPPS accredited Pharmacies follow.

To be VIPPS accredited, a pharmacy must comply with the licensing and inspection requirements of their state and each state to which they dispense pharmaceuticals. In addition, pharmacies displaying the VIPPS seal have demonstrated to NABP compliance with VIPPS criteria including patient rights to privacy, authentication and security of prescription orders, adherence to a recognized quality assurance policy, and provision of meaningful consultation between patients and pharmacists.

VIPPS pharmacy sites are identified by the VIPPS hyperlink seal displayed on their Web site. By clicking on the seal, a visitor is linked to the NABP VIPPS site where verified information about the pharmacy is maintained by NABP. The public is also welcome to access the VIPPS site at www.nabp.net to search for a VIPPS Internet pharmacy, which matches their needs. One can also verify the accreditation of a particular online pharmacy site as well at http://vipps.nabp.net/.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">