• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

online business problems due to ohio tax law change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kaekae_d

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am in the process of setting up an online business and am to the point where i need to get my "check-out" area set up. In that area, it is only set up to where i am able to choose only 1 tax rate per state. The problem is that in ohio, instead of charging sales tax according to the county i live in; i must charge the customer the sales tax rate which applies to their county. But i am not able to have that option with the website company that is hosting my site. I am only able to choose i rate for the whole state. therefore, if i made it clear that the customers who really only have a 6.5% tax would be charged 8%(or whichever is the highest rate for ohio) would it be legal to put 8% in the tax box, and charge all ohio customers the highest rate. If this is not legal, does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about charging ohio customers the proper sales tax, when i am only able to choose 1 rate for the whole state?
thank-you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">