• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online company threatened me withCC fraud and theft?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dcguy18

What is the name of your state? DC

On July 1, 2008, I ordered a scooter form a web site. The website stated the shipping time would be short but went it over thirteen days without telling me the delay. I then sent an email asking them the status of the order. I was then informed that it wasn't in stock and was given three options;1. Wait for it, 2.Order a substitute, and 3.Cancel the order, I chose three and sent a follow up asking them about my refund and they told me it was competed (July 23rd).

On September 18th I received an email from them stating the order was actually shipped and that I canceled it if I have the scooter to return or pay for it.At this point I felt it was not needed to respond to them since I never got the item. On January 31st 2009 I got an email with them stating the it was sent and since I cancel the order it was charged back they consider the scooter stolen and the transaction fraud and will report me to the authorities if I don't respond promptly.

Aside from me printing out my correspondence with the company,getting my transaction statement from the time of the charge and refund, and talking to them to inform me of which freighter company sent the scooter, when was it sent as this was not referenced in none of the emails I have with them, and who signed for the delivery as there's only my mother here with me.

What should I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Have you TALKED to them? Do they even know you didn't get the scooter?

It seems to me that you've ignored this matter up until now. That was a bad choice. COMMUNICATION is the key word here.

Some Random Guy

Repeating Zinger's comment - If you haven't bothered to take the time to pick up the phone or a pen how are they supposed to know that you never received the scooter?

Not communicating is not helping you. Contact them immediately. Tell them you didn't receive it. By waiting 4 months to report that you didn't receive the scooter, you have, in their eyes and possibly the eyes of the court, accepted delivery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">