• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online Gift Card Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vegeta13613

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I have been using a free online service that allows you to check into business amd scan items to gain points. You then can exchange those points for Amazon gift cards. I cashed out a few points for Amazon gift cards. The first 4 gift cards worked fine, but after cashing out my points for 4 more gift cards, there was a problem. I got the usual email, but where my codes for gift cards usually were, there was a note saying that they would contact me soon. I soon found that my account was disabled. I emailed the company to ask what happened, but I just got an email saying that I violated part of thier terms of service regarding "actions such as illegitimate check-ins and/or scanning." I could find no part of the ToS that I had violated. I asked the company for specific information about what they believe I did wrong and I only received an email with another link to the ToS. Do I have any right to find what exactly they think I did wrong? Also, do I have any right to the gift cardswhich I cashed out my points for? I have emails saying that I cashed out for the gift cards.

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I have been using a free online service that allows you to check into business amd scan items to gain points. You then can exchange those points for Amazon gift cards. I cashed out a few points for Amazon gift cards. The first 4 gift cards worked fine, but after cashing out my points for 4 more gift cards, there was a problem. I got the usual email, but where my codes for gift cards usually were, there was a note saying that they would contact me soon. I soon found that my account was disabled. I emailed the company to ask what happened, but I just got an email saying that I violated part of thier terms of service regarding "actions such as illegitimate check-ins and/or scanning." I could find no part of the ToS that I had violated. I asked the company for specific information about what they believe I did wrong and I only received an email with another link to the ToS. Do I have any right to find what exactly they think I did wrong? Also, do I have any right to the gift cardswhich I cashed out my points for? I have emails saying that I cashed out for the gift cards.
This is a contract dispute, and I haven't seen the contract, so can only guess at to what you may or may not be entitled to.

If the other party breached the contract, you may be able to sue them. You may have agreed to binding arbitration, which would limit your right to sue.

Kiawah

Doesn't bullet 'C' indicate that Checkpoint can limit the rewards, which they apparently have done?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">