• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

online order never received company not responding or out of business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mollymo48

I ordered the stock using my debit card. I had previously used this company receiving great service and timely orders. Do I have any recourse to get my money back?

quincy

I ordered the stock using my debit card. I had previously used this company receiving great service and timely orders. Do I have any recourse to get my money back?
How long ago did you place the order, mollymo?

If you have ordered and paid for an item or items online and you have not received what you ordered and paid for, there are legal actions you can take to try to recover your money.

You will want to learn why this company has not sent your order when it has previously been good about sending items, however, and you will want to learn why this company is not responding to your calls. What actions are available for you to take can depend on the answers to these questions.

mollymo48

I ordered the Disney stock in March 2014. I was told at that time that Disney was no longer issuing the paper certificate but they were coming up with a new plan and I could either keep my order or request a refund. Since I had used the company before and this was for my granddaughter I wanted to keep the order. I heard from them last June that the new certificates would be issued in October. In October I never heard anything. I have emailed and called and no one answers. The website says that it is down for maintenance. There have been many complaints filed with the BBB but the company was not a member. I haven't officially found out if they are out of business.

quincy

I ordered the Disney stock in March 2014. I was told at that time that Disney was no longer issuing the paper certificate but they were coming up with a new plan and I could either keep my order or request a refund. Since I had used the company before and this was for my granddaughter I wanted to keep the order. I heard from them last June that the new certificates would be issued in October. In October I never heard anything. I have emailed and called and no one answers. The website says that it is down for maintenance. There have been many complaints filed with the BBB but the company was not a member. I haven't officially found out if they are out of business.
So you purchased stock in Disney and not Disney products?

As a note, Disney stopped issuing their paper stock certificates sometime back in 2013 and now issue electronic stocks. The types of certificates that would be issued you if you want them are certificates of acquisition - but these have no Disney characters on them and have no value.

Last edited:

mollymo48

Yes I understand that and that is what the company explained to me. What they issue is a framed "certificate" that is a replica but the real stock is still electronic. The 2 that I purchased prior to this one were under the old rules. I still need to know what I can do to get my money back since they are no longer responding.

quincy

Yes I understand that and that is what the company explained to me. What they issue is a framed "certificate" that is a replica but the real stock is still electronic. The 2 that I purchased prior to this one were under the old rules. I still need to know what I can do to get my money back since they are no longer responding.
Is it only the framed certificate that is missing from your online order, even though the stock purchase has been completed?

I see problems with you attempting to get a full refund.

You can check with the state where the company is registered to see the current status of the company and to find its current contact information.

mollymo48

I'm sorry I was not more clear. I have not received any part of my order. The stock nor the framed certificate. I can still get to my online order status on their website and it shows the order has only been confirmed which basically means they took the money out of my account. My previous orders show final. The stock is to be issued in my granddaughter's name and we have received nothing in the way of dividends or other correspondence like we did with previous orders.

quincy

I'm sorry I was not more clear. I have not received any part of my order. The stock nor the framed certificate. I can still get to my online order status on their website and it shows the order has only been confirmed which basically means they took the money out of my account. My previous orders show final. The stock is to be issued in my granddaughter's name and we have received nothing in the way of dividends or other correspondence like we did with previous orders.
Okay. Then you should be able to get a full refund if the company has not satisfied any part of your order (and the company has not disappeared).

Out of which state does (or did) the company operate?

If you haven't already saved the order confirmation information, you should make sure to have at least one hard copy and an online copy. You should also get a copy of your bank account statement that shows the amount for the Disney stock withdrawn from your account by the company.

Although much of the initial work can be done on your own, you might want to consult with an attorney (a legal aid clinic perhaps) if you run into difficulty locating a working address/phone number for the company.

mollymo48

The company's address is in San Francisco CA. They still have their mailing address online and a couple of phone numbers, which no one answers. I have copies of everything. That was the first thing I did when I suspected they may be out of business! I will check with the state and see what they can tell me. Thanks for the information.

quincy

The company's address is in San Francisco CA. They still have their mailing address online and a couple of phone numbers, which no one answers. I have copies of everything. That was the first thing I did when I suspected they may be out of business! I will check with the state and see what they can tell me. Thanks for the information.
Here is a link to California's Secretary of State website, Business Search: http://kepler.sos.ca.gov/

I hope for your sake that the company you are dealing with has not closed its doors and absconded with customer funds and, instead, is just having trouble keeping up with orders because of the change in certificates.

Good luck.

single317dad

If this is OneShare, you're not alone, OP. They had great customer reviews in 2002-03, but since then, they've been declining. Recently, it seems they continued to take orders even though no one had been receiving their products for many months. Now, their site no longer accepts orders, but there are no reports of customer resolutions.

quincy

Thank you. I appreciate your time! I will check out that website.
You're welcome, mollymo. Thank you for the thanks. I wish you good luck in getting the matter resolved.

You mentioned that the company you have been dealing with has had a lot of complaints from consumers recently. Whether or not it is the company single317dad has mentioned or another, similar company, contacting your state Attorney General might be a smart move. The Attorney General's Office will look into the company's operation if there are a lot of consumer complaints about it.

mollymo48

Yes it is Oneshare. Their website makes it look like there are no problems other than "maintenance". I will also pursue the attorney general option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">