• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

online order never received company not responding and out of business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joshuawhite

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

About a Year ago I was looking for a good 3D printer and found this new company called EZ3D Printer. the printer has a backlog of 12 week at time of purchases so i decided to get the printer 12 week is wasn't so far away i thought. so I brought the printing giving them a deposit that was required until the printer was fully build. the the deposit was made on 05/22/2014 for $200.00. 12 week passed and nothing the website and a email that I was sent said that the backlog has change to 24 week, around 24 week later i got a email saying that my printer was done so i paid the reminder $234.00 + shipping cost for a total of $320.65. after that still didn't received anything not even a confirmation number. Yet the money was taken out of my account then nothing for 2 months as i tried emailing them calling them to no luck. until a few days ago that i got on the company website and read a disturbing post saying that they are shutting down due to issues.

after this i just fell apart on all the money that they took from me and now i'm left with nothing no product, company doesn't reply to emails, there number is no more and to make this even worst i'm not the only person having this issue with this company. from what i understand there are hundreds of people.:(:(:(

this is the link to the company and the post on there company blog
https://www.phoenix3dprinter.com/

I want to know what action can I take to get my money back cause this is a big hit for me.

this is a quick description of my receipt

Type Description Quantity Unit Price Line Total
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Product Phoenix 3D Printer 1 $374.00 $374.00
Option Extruder - Single Extruder $0.00 $0.00
Option Kit or Assembled - Assembled $25.00 $25.00
Extra Filament Roll ($29.99 + $5.01 shipping) 1 $35.00 $35.00

Subtotal $434.00
Shipping not included in this page
Tax $0.00
Total $434.00

Payments
Type Payment Date Amount
Deposit 05/22/2014 $200.00

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I suspect you are out your $520.65. If it's within 60 days since the final $320.65 charge appeared on your credit card statement, you can dispute that portion of it with your credit card issuer. Of course, that is assuming that you used a credit card (not a debit card.)

single317dad

Was this "purchase" through a Kickstarter?

http://www.phoenix3dprinter.com/

http://www.phoenix3dprinter.com/

I’ve been sitting here for some time trying to think of how to open this letter. I’m sure it’s obvious to everyone by now – as it stands right now, Ez3D is insolvent, and at the very least, our customers, backers, vendors, and beyond deserve a post-mortem. Some kind of explanation as to what happened to their time and money.
Never - EVER - put money into any Kickstarter, Indiegogo, or similar campaign that you cannot afford to lose. When you "buy" something there, you're not really buying anything, but "supporting the project" with a vague promise of some good, service, or warm fuzzy feeling in return. You, and likely every other backer of the EZ3D, will get nothing.

Zigner

Their certificate is not valid because they haven't paid their bills. The site is safe, the certificate returned is from their web host, Weebly.
Gotcha -

As I said, unless the OP paid (within the last ~60-75 days) with a credit, the OP is out of luck.

single317dad

Gotcha -

As I said, unless the OP paid (within the last ~60-75 days) with a credit, the OP is out of luck.
Probably.

Even then, OP may be SOL because (assuming he "funded the Kickstarter"), he didn't actually buy anything and there was no promise of goods for his payment. There have been some great things come out of Kickstarters, but mostly scams and broken promises (which don't even rise to the legal definition of a promise in most cases).

Zigner

Contact your bank. There's no guarantee, but maybe they'll be able to do something to help.

joshuawhite

Probably.

Even then, OP may be SOL because (assuming he "funded the Kickstarter"), he didn't actually buy anything and there was no promise of goods for his payment. There have been some great things come out of Kickstarters, but mostly scams and broken promises (which don't even rise to the legal definition of a promise in most cases).
well i do know that some people did get there printer some had bugs and issues others didn't have any. so i dont know what to make of this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">